St Paul’s College offers a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) system, which grants a higher standard of study, productivity, and independence for our students.
All student devices must meet these basic requirements;
- Internet access – email and web browsing;
- Accessibility – student devices are to be present and charged for each day, for daily use;
- Appropriate protection against physical damage – cases;
- College rules and policies regarding this program.
When choosing a device for your child, do consider;
- Your child’s subject requirements;
- Your child’s personal core needs and usage;
- Device accessories, which includes (but not limited to); antivirus packages, cases, extra hardware, external storage – and so on.
A Suggested Device Guide is available for viewing and download HERE.
Suggestions – Laptops
Please visit the link below for our recommended device options;
HP online – BYOD Program
We recommend Chromebooks, or any Windows notebook or laptop based on your child’s needs.
If this is a better suited option, ensure the computer is up-to-date, secure, and able to meet your child’s subject requirements – some are more demanding in usage than others.
Consider accessories based on said needs, such as:
- USB drives, or external hard drives for extra storage
- Antivirus software
- Servicing/maintenance packages
Suggestions – APPLE
For iOS users:
Reminder: students are not permitted to use mobile phones as a personal device.
iOS devices offer more versatile, lightweight options for their frequent usage, which includes portability and synchronization.
If this is a better suited option, ensure that the iPad is up-to-date, and is capable of storing what your child may need.
Consider accessories for your child’s device, such as:
- Wireless keyboards
- Extra charging cables
Some recommended accessories are provided here for your convenience:
BrydgeAir 9.7 Bluetooth Keyboard – Officeworks
Logitech Universal Folio 9-10″ w/ Integrated Keyboard – JB HI-FI – alternatively available at TechBuy
Logitech Type + Folio Keyboard Cover For iPad Air 2 – Harvey Norman
Logitech Slim Folio Case w/ Integrated Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad – Apple – alternatively available at Officeworks
Logitech K380 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard – TechBuy